Friday, July 3, 2015



What reason is given for why the woman anointed the Savior with “very precious” (costly) ointment? What does Mark 14:8 imply that she understood? (see also Mark 9:31–32).
    • What reason is given for why the woman anointed the Savior with “very precious” (costly) ointment? What does Mark 14:8 imply that she understood? (see also Mark 9:31–32). The ointment that the woman used was commonly used to prepare a body after death.  The woman understood that the Savior's days were limited and that soon he would no longer be living.

    • Why did some of the disciples feel indignant and call her action a “waste”? Some of the disciples felt that because the ointment was so costly, it could have been used to help the poor.  The ointment was equal to a years salary and I'm sure that the apostles viewed this act as a waste knowing that he Savior cared very little about money or worldly goods. 

    • The Savior said that the woman had “wrought a good work” and that wherever the gospel would be preached, the woman’s deed would “be spoken of for a memorial of her” (Mark 14:6, 9). What did the woman do that made it an act worthy of the Savior’s praise and our remembrance? How is the woman an example to you? Write a paragraph describing some ways that you could give the Lord something valuable. (see Matthew 25:40).
             This woman accepted that the Savior was going to die.  She was the first person to              acknowledge that his death was looming. The woman is an example to me because of her generosity. She showed her love and compassion towards the Savior and it was her way of showing how much she cared for the Savior.  As I don't have this same opportunity, I can show the Savior how much I love him through my obedience.  I remember reading a quote somewhere that our agency is the only gift that we can give to the Lord.  It is through making righteous choices that we can show our dedication and deep respect to the Lord.  I can also give the Lord my time.  I think it's so important to manage our time wisely and use it to do better ourselves and those around us.  There are many opportunities to serve our fellow brothers and sisters as well as our families.  To someone else, they may not think of time as a valuable commodity, but since I feel like I'm always limited with time it is valuable to me.  I know that as I use my agency in a righteous way and also give of my time in service, I can show my love and dedication to the Savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment